Monday, March 31, 2014

Dying after your time

Should scientists try to help people beat old age so we can live radically longer lives? Why?
     I think, in some cases, over coming certain diseases that elderly people normally have is important. Learning how to treat things like heart diseases, Alzheimer's, or other sicknesses that riddle the elderly community, can advance technology that can save the lives of younger people. 

How long would you want to live, if you could choose your life span? 
     I wouldn't want to live past an age where I can't function like an average person. When I'm elderly I don't want to be cooped up in a hospital room. I want to be able to walk around and live my life to the fullest. 

Do you agree with the author that “adding years to a life doesn’t necessarily make it any fuller?”
     I do agree with the author. Living in a hospital room for the last five years of your life won't make it any better. You may live longer, but you're not spending your time doing things that can benefit your life. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said. To clarify for the first question, do you think people should be able to live radically longer? Or do you just think that we should learn how to treat/cure some of the common diseases in elderly people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your points were great. I agree with every single one, especially the first one. I never really looked at it that way. If we were to have elders live longer that had diseases, then we could help younger children. Great point sammy J!

    ReplyDelete